Sunday, June 15, 2008

Super Savings Sunday!

Here is another Super Savings Sunday!! I stockpiled on a few things I use a lot and didn't get a whole lot in the way of groceries. Lately it seems like the grocery stores are really lacking in the deals, I hardly want to get out and actually go shopping anymore. Even CVS has been a let down lately, although I am still managing to snag a few good deals here and there. Here's to hoping that this is just a phase and the sales will start kicking butt again soon!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post about how I get so many coupons and pictures from last weekend's coupons! Here are my Super Savings Sundays shopping trips!

Super S:


(8) boxes of Trix cereal - 16.00$
(4) boxes of Cocoa Puffs cereal - 8.00$
(1) toy for my son - .99$
(1) French's mustard - .99$
(5) packages of chicken breasts - 18.30$

Total Before Coupons - 44.28$

Coupons Used:

(5) 1.00$ off 2 GM cereals - 5.00$ doubled to 10.00$
(1) .30$ off French's mustard - .30$ doubled to .60$

Total After Coupons - 25.76$

(After looking at my receipt it looks like the cashier didn't ring up 4 boxes of my cereal, I was wondering why my total seemed lower than it should be, and that would explain why the register didn't want to accept my last coupon and he had to push the one before that through)



HEB:


(25) packages of Farmland Bacon - 62.50$
(5) 1 lb. pouches of Purina Healthful Life Cat Food - 9.95$

Total Before Coupons - 72.45$

Coupons Used:

(25) 2.00$ off Farmland Bacon - 50.00$
(5) Free 1 lb pouch of Purina Healthful Life Cat Food - 9.95$

Total After Coupons - 13.27$



Walmart:


(13) 3 lb bags of Good Life Cat Food - 49.66$
(13) 2.7 lb bags of Good Life Cat Food - 49.66$

Total Before Coupons - 101.51$

Coupons Used:

(26) 3.00$ off any size Good Life Cat Food - 78.00$

Total After Coupons: 23.51$

( I ordered all of these coupons on Ebay because they came out in the newspaper before I started couponing, and once I saw I could get 3 lbs of cat food for .82$ I just had to have some! I got them right in time before they expired, they actually expired today and I managed to get all the cat food just in time, luckily my Walmart restocked after the first time I bought them out)

So after last week's 10 bags of this cat food plus today's 26 bags, I have 36 bags of cat food. I have 104 pounds total cat food. So roughly if my math is right, I paid about .31$ a pound for my cat food, yay! This is good cat food too, you can't beat it for .31$ a pound. I priced the cheapest cat food Walmart had and it was 8$ for an 18 pound bad, which means it would have costed me 48$ or .46$ a pound for that stuff.



CVS:


Transaction #1:

(3) 12 packs of Cherry Coke - 8.25$
(2) Garnier Face Scrubs - 11.98$

Coupons Used:

3$ off 15$
2.00$ ECB
6.00$ ECB
6.98$ ECB

Total After Coupons: 2.44$

Earned 3.00$ & 10.00$ ECB's

------------------

Transaction #2

(1) Huggies Baby Wash - 3.49$
(2) Garnier Face Scrubs - 11.98$
(4) bags of Skittles - 2.00$

Coupons Used:

3$ off 15$
1.00$ off Huggies
10$ ECB
3$ ECB

Total After Coupons: .51$

Earned 10.00$ ECB and 2.00$ ECB



All in all in was a pretty good day. I went slightly over my grocery budget again but I justified it because I won't have to buy cat food again for hopefully atleast 6 months or more. I am also fully stocked on bacon and cereal, no more cereal unless it's totally free!!

So how did you do on groceries this week? Leave a comment!



3 comments:

Tara said...

Did you buy 25 newspapers to get the bacon coupons? How did you get so many?

Great job saving so much!

Just Me said...

Oh My Goodness! is all I can say. You go girl with all that Cat food and bacon :) Good Job

The Coupon Diva said...

Please read my most recent post "How do I get so many coupons?" for lots of detail on this very topic =) Pictures too! It is explained much better than I can do here.