Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Desperately Needs Cleaning

This post is going to be about the mess I call my desk and how I *finally* organized it today! I always keep the rest of my house spotless, I find joy in keeping a spic and span house. So most of my day revolves around constantly being up cleaning and cleaning some more. When I am not cleaning I am usually found on the couch sleeping away, whoever said you gain lots of energy in your third trimester was full of it!

One part of my house that always get neglected is my desk, I'm not sure why since this is where most of my money saving strategies come into play at, but that's just one of the mysteries of life. So without further ado, here is my mess!

My desk before cleaning:


Here is my receipt drawer and the other drawers in my desk:


And here is my massive pile of receipts from April and May.... I estimate about 300 receipts or possibly more:


I cannot stand living with a mess, it frustrates me to no end! My messes only get this bad and stay this way for no longer than a week before I finally get around to it. Although like I said, this is the only part of the house (well ok, besides my sons room) that ever looks like this. My new goal of the month is to keep this area clean!! After about an hour of cleaning and organizing, this is how everything looks now!

My desk after extreme cleaning:


My receipts after being sorted by month:


My receipt drawer newly organized:


My battery drawer newly organized:


Ok so that's it. My desk is totally cleaned and organized, I can actually find everything I need now, and I don't have tons of receipts exploding out of my drawer! I really have to keep on top of that desk area and especially those receipts! I do love being clean and organized though, it feels so good to know that everything is perfect and in it's place.

I'm not sure why you would want to see all of that mess but I was bored and thought it would make a cute blog post so it is what it is =) Hope everybody has a good night, I'm off to bed!

No comments: