Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hot Tip Tuesday!!

Here is the first edition of my Hot Tip Tuesday blog post! Hot Tip Tuesday will be all about nifty and frugal tips that I have found really helps out!

Today's tip is from an email I received from Cherise. I thought this was an absolutely wonderful idea and I actually did it yesterday and I love it already. She told me that she organizes her receipts by using zip lock baggies and a binder, punching holes in the baggies and filing the receipts by month. This worked out so well for me, it is much easier and more efficient than my envelope method.


I used one of my old coupon binders that I quickly outgrew for this task.


I used gallon sized zip lock baggies for my coupons since I have tons and tons of coupons.


And that's it! I think this is one of the most helpful tips I have gotten in a long time, and I love being able to keep up with the coupons I get from my weekly shopping trips because I can easily put them in the appropiate baggy instead of leaving them laying around for a month.

Do you know any helpful tips that you would like to share? Email me with your tip and it could be posted on my Hot Tip Tuesday posts!

1 comment:

Helene said...

Thank you, thank you! I've only been CVS-ing since May but my receipts from CVS, Walmart, etc are piling up all over. What a great idea for those of us who can never seem to think of those things :-)

Found you through one of the blogs. I've lost track. Thanks for your posts.