Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Walgreens, CVS, Super S, & HEB

So I did some shopping today and yesterday and today I just found out that a local grocery store here, Super S, doubles coupons upt o 1.00$!! Woohoo!! I never knew this and it's so cool getting double coupons, I have always been so jealous of everybody else that gets doubles. Now if only Albertsons and HEB would start it would be so nice! So anyways, here are the totals between the 3 stores:

Super S:


I got:

(2) large size Kraft Salad Dressing
(1) A1 Steak Sauce
(1) Bad of Salad
(2) Cans of Veg All Mixed Veggies
(2) boxes of Eggos
(1) bottle of Frenchs Mustard
(4) Banquet Pot Pies
(1) Store Brand Syrup
(1) 5 lb bag of potatoes
(2) Land O' Frost Sandwich Meats

Coupons:

(1) .75$ Kraft Coupon doubled to 1.50$
(1) 1.00$ A1 coupon doubled to 2.00$
(1) .50$ French's Mustard coupon doubled to .99$
(2) 1.00$ Land o Frost coupons doubled to 4.00$
(2) .20$ Veg All coupons doubled to .80$
(2) .55$ Eggo coupons doubled to 2.20$

So my total before coupons was 26.33$ and after was 14.84$! I saved 11.49$ with my coupons, not too bad for a first time doubler! None of that stuff was on sale either, I was just dieing to try double coupons though so I bought that stuff for shelf price :-O

------------------------------------------------------

HEB:

I also bought a few things here with no coupons because I was making banana nut bread and needed a few things for it. No pictures because I don't want to dig everything back out of the freezer and I already used most of it... lol!

1 Fishers Walnuts
1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1 Imperial Sugar
1 All Purpose Flour
4.15 lbs of Bananas
12 Packages of 1 lb Farmland Bacon

Coupons:

(12) 2.00$ coupons for Farmland Bacon

Total:

37.90$ before coupons - 13.90$ after coupons

I got all of the baking stuff yesterday for 7.90$ and all of the bacon today for 6$!! Can't beat .50$ bacon, woot!

----------------------------------------------

Walgreens:

I have been trying hard to use up my RR's for Walgreens and stuff I will eventually need that I usually don't have coupons for and that is pretty expensive. Plus I have been treated so badly at Walgreens during the last week, once I use all of my RR's I probably won't be going back untill the next killer deal rolls around. Some of the stuff I got is not pictured in this picture because it has already been put up and I don't want to dig it back out.


(4) 1 gallon bottles of water
(5) packages Pampers diapers
(2) boxes of trashbags
(1) package chocolate doughnuts
(2) boxes of envelopes
(1) Hello Kitty coloring book
(8) Red Baron Pizzas
(2) loafs of bread

Total:

5.73$ after RR's and coupons

Savings:

99.92$

I didn't use really any coupons besides (5) 2.00$ off Pampers coupons and my (5) 10$ RR's. I still have 53$ in RR's to redeem!

------------------------------------------

CVS:

Last but not least the wonderful CVS! No pictures for this one being I only got 2 things and was too lazy to whip out the camera.

2 Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreens - found (2) 2.00$ off peelies on the bottles

Total before coupons:

18.18$

Total After Coupons:

Paid with a 10$ ECB and paid 1.18$ OOP and got back 10$ ECB!!

---------------------------------------------

Ok I am exhausted from typing all of that up... seems like I have been slacking lately in saving money, I was doing much better a few weeks ago. I guess I have been buying a few things that are not on sale the past couple of weeks and that's why. I am getting back into my old impulse buying ways again, I must get therapy!! I don't think I did too terribly bad though, I got everything above for 35.65$. I am not too impressed with myself, but considering before I would have spent over 100$ at Walmart for the same amount of food and products I am pretty happy. Anyways, time to clean house, talk soon!







2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! You did great. I know what you mean about Walgreens. They are not very nice here too. I hate going there. I will only go in there once in a while. I don't know if you have Publix in your area but they will take Walgreens RR rewards. I use mine there all the time.

MARY-ANN said...

Wow! You did alot of ahopping this week, all awesome deals!! I don't like Walgreens that much either because of the rude cashiers. They always look at me like I'm a thief or something :(