Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Little About Me!

Welcome to my blog everybody! This is a small post about me. I started couponing on 3-30-08 because I got tired of how much money I was spending weekly on the stuff we needed, plus I was an impulse spender and could easily spend 200$ a week on nothing, and have nothing to show for it. I am pregnant and my second baby is due on 08-01-08 so I really wanted to start saving more money and become a better mom!

So I started googling the keyword coupons and other coupon related stuff a few days before 3-30-08 and I came across the site thegrocerygame.com - I started reading the message boards and once I started seeing so many women saving 60-90% on their groceries so easily, I was hooked! I signed up for my 4 week trial and could hardly wait till Sunday came around so I could go shopping.

Well it started off kinda slow but my first couple of shopping trips I easily saved 40% or better, and now, a little over a month later, I am saving 60-70% at grocery stores and 90% or better at the drug stores! If you are just starting out and looking for a good place to start learning to coupon and saving tons of money, check out thegrocerygame.com ! If you sign up, I would appreciate you using me as a referral, my username is kkeller2002@yahoo.com (this is not my current email address)

So anyways, that's how it has all started. Now that I save so much money and get so much stuff free, I always find myself kicking myself for throwing so much money down the drain the past few years. I keep telling myself there is nothing you can do to change the past and to be happy I am starting now... but just thinking of the $1000's of dollars I could have saved makes me a little sick.

So this is a blog dedicated to all the money I save and probably other things too as I get further into it. I hope you will stop back in and check out my steals and deals a lot!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm new to this and need a mentor!

I can't believe all of that stuff you got for so cheap.

I'm jealous :)

Marla said...

Hi there!

Just so you know, www.couponmom.com is free to use and is similar to thegrocerygame. Hope that helps!

MARY-ANN said...

Hello-
I stumbled across your blog and am new to couponing too. I started 4-7-08 and have already saved so much money and cant believe how much I've wasted in the past! Doesn't it feel great to get such great bargains??!! Im doing the same as you and have been posting all the great stuff I get. Check out my page sometime!

The Coupon Diva said...

Thanks for the comments! It's hard to believe how much money you can save so easily isn't it? It's the best feeling ever to get stuff for nearly free, I spoil my family on all kinds of stuff I never bought before!

I love reading other money saving blogs so I'll be sure to check yours out Mary Ann =)

Jessica Morris said...

I have recently started doing the coupon thing too - it's lots of fun! I'm impressed with your Walgreen deals (posted above this one!)
I haven't started doing Walgreens yet!

The Coupon Diva said...

I only do Walgreens when a stellar deal comes around because their cashiers are very rude and the system is just much harder to learn than CVS. Plus they have so many rules on redeeming the RR's it's hardly worth it, this week it was though... lol!