Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fix Scratched CDs - Works for Me Wednesday

I just figured out some really awesome this morning and I am going to use it for my Works for Me Wednesday post! My son has a PS2 and when he was a baby he got into our games and scratched them up so bad they won't play anymore. Well, he really wanted to play a certain game last night and it just would not play so he went to bed sad and so did I. This morning I really wanted to fix it for him before he woke up this morning so I started thinking about my huge stockpile of toothpaste and figured it was worth a try!

I grabbed a tube of free toothpaste and slathered it on the cd and buffed it clean, popped it in the PS2 and to my suprise it works perfectly! I am so happy I can't wait till the little boy wakes up and sees he game working!

So if you have any CD games or possibly DVDs (haven't tried it on DVDs) that won't play, try buffing them with toothpaste and see if that helps!

I used white toothpaste that did not have any gritty stuff in it.

This works for me, check here for other Works for Me Wednesday tips!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pledge (dust remover) works very well too!