Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm Back! Yipee!

Well I finally feel like I *kinda* have everything under enough control so I can start putting time into my blog again! I really missed being away and I can't wait to get back into it. Just to let you know, I have not stopped couponing.... NEVER! Coupons are a way of life for me. I have gotten a ton of great deals but I quit taking pictures of them some while ago, I guess I will be starting that up again soon!

I am going to keep a spread sheet of exactly how much I spend every time I go shopping, I haven't started yet but I think I know where all of my receipts are. Even if I can't find them, I can always start a little late and it would still be pretty accurate for 2009 =)

Yes I admit it, I have gotten a bit lazy since the baby come.

Anyways, you will never believe the most coolest thing ever I got in 2008 (well besides my baby ofcourse)!!!!! I am not sure if you knew about this, but back in December, Amazon had a customer vote thing where you could vote on what you wanted to be able to buy for a certain price. The thing with the most votes kept it's price, which was a hugely discounted price on Amazon. Anyways, I never thought too much about this but I was just messing around one day and I voted on Round 6, the KitchenAid Pro 600 Series. The price was 79.00$!!! By luck I was checking emails one day and I clicked on the one that said Amazon Vote or something like that. They said I was invited to a "race" to try and buy the mixer for the special 79.00$ price. The catch was, there was only 500 mixers available and far far more people than that racing for it.


Well I have always wanted one of these mixers ever since I learned how to cook, or should I say, I taught myself how to enjoy cooking. I got up that morning and waited by my computer for an hour until 7:00AM when the race would start. I didn't think I had any chance at all because the Amazon forums were going crazy with people saying they were racing for it. I gave it a shot and I so could not believe it when I saw it in my shopping cart! I raced through the checkout, and I got it 2 days later! It was so HUGE! OMG I did not know these things were gigantic. Thank god I have high cabinets or I would have been sorely disappointed not being able to leave it on the counter (it wouldn't fit under the cabinets either).

So here's the kicker.... I discovered KitchenAid had a rebate going for the purchase of select mixers. a 50$$$$ REBATE!! Mine happened to be one of the models so I sent in everything required and I didn't think I would be getting the rebate because of how low the price was that I paid. I was started to get bummed out here the past few days because it still hadn't came yet... And imagine my surprise when I checked my mail box and saw something from KitchenAid, opened it up, and saw this!


This was too good to be true but it was! I got a KitchenAid Pro 600 Series (brand new) for 19$!!!! Is this like the deal of the century or what?

So to wrap it up =) I am going to revamp my blog a bit and figure out where I am going to take off, and I am so glad to be back around! I also got a new email address that is much easier to check so please email me if you would like to, I promise I will get back the same day =) My last email was so hard to get in to and it had so much spam going I just quit logging in, it drove me crazy! texascoupondiva @ stx.rr.com

3 comments:

RNCouponMomma said...

I have one of these and I love it!!! Congrats on the price...you really are a coupon diva! Awesome savings btw!!!

Teresa & Julie-Andi said...

Congratulations! That is amazing!! I just hit the jackpot when my husband got a free gift from his work for 5 years of service. He got to pick from a catalog anything he wanted, and he chose a beautiful Cuisinart top-of-the-line mixer for me!! I felt bad taking his gift, but he's been wanting to get me one for years, and we just haven't been able to afford it.

I love hearing stories of how God blesses others! What a great surprise to receive your mixer for only $19!!!!

Vickie said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

The best deal I got this year was a pair of Christopher Madden Lamps from JCPenny that regular retailed for $260.00 each and I found them on Clearance for $19.99 each.
Don't you get just get plum PUMPED when you find these deals on things you need or want!

You did GOOD!!