Thursday, June 19, 2008

Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops

This is a super easy recipe for those of you who have a day or two where you don't want to be on your feet cooking dinner for 3 hours. Today is definitely one of those days for me, my feet are swollen and I am already tired.

Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops

8 Pork Chops
BBQ Sauce

Directions:

Pour a little BBQ sauce on the bottom of the crockpot then put as many pork chops side by side as you can on the bottom of the crockpot. Pour more BBQ sauce over those pork chops so that they are fully covered in BBQ sauce. Keep layering pork chops and BBQ sauce untill you use all of the pork chops. Cook all day on low or 3-4 hours on high.

Notes:

How many pork chops you need depends on your family size. 8 pork chops is way too many for us, I pulled out a bag of pork chops I had frozen in April and it had 5 in it so that's how many I used. I also used 2 bottles of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce (the smaller bottles) and I almost have enough BBQ in the crockpot to completely cover the pork chops.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for the cooking idea, I like it. I never have good ideas for pork chops and this one makes so much sense I can't believe I never thought of it!

JEWELGIRL said...

Just what I was looking for another
way to slow cook pork. I just made
my other recipe with soup, I love
the tender meat from slow cooking!
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I make this often.
We have also added a can of pineapple as well with the BBQ sauce.